Tuesday, 31 July 2012
Source: Liverpool Echo
Monday, 23 July 2012
This video was recently sent to me. I sent it to various media outlets and Merseyside Police (who had already seen it last year and took no action against the officer concerned). This is the response from Merseyside Police.
A Merseyside Police spokesperson, said: "During the evening of Monday, 23 July (2012), Merseyside Police was made aware of a video on YouTube that appears to show a police officer behaving in an inappropriate manner.
"The footage was obtained and an immediate investigation was launched by the Force’s Professional Standards Department. “A 31-year-old serving police officer has been placed on restrictive duties whilst the investigation into the matter is conducted.
Five Merseyside police officers face misconduct hearings over “inappropriate” texts found on sacked inspector’s phone
"FIVE police officers are facing disciplinary action after a huge probe into “inappropriate” text messages.Source: Liverpool Echo
The investigation was launched as part of the inquiry into the activities of sacked Chief Inspector Mark Brew earlier this year. Brew, 47, was suspended while an internal inquiry took place and his work mobile phone was analysed as part of the probe.
The ECHO understands as well as implicating Brew and leading to his dismissal, the contents of certain text messages sparked the further investigation of other officers. It is believed at one point up to 28 texts, some said to be from officers in other forces, were examined. Merseyside Police today confirmed five officers were heading for misconduct hearings as a result of the discoveries."